LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavani. (Ghjjjf)     14 May 2016

Property rights on father in law's property

Wht r my rights on my fatherinlaw' s property .he died recently and my husband has filed divorce case.Can I and my child have right on his father's  property.

Learning

8 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 May 2016

No rights exists for you on father in law's property. As far as your child is concerned rights exists over anvestral property

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 May 2016

There is no forced share for you.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     14 May 2016

wife dose not have any right over father in laws self acquired property. But Grand son have right over his ancestoral property coming from ur father in law after divorce.

THanks

Bhavani. (Ghjjjf)     15 May 2016

Can we ask during the divorce process regarding it or my child needs to be adult then only he can access his rights .

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     15 May 2016

Madam, The child gets right to an ancestral property when it is inherited intestate, if an ancestor has Willed his/her self earned property it is not termed an ancestral property. A wife can demand a share from her husband's self earned property in divorce proceedings, she has no right over her in-laws property during their life time. Good Luck, Kishor Mehta

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 May 2016

Wife being natural guardian can ask for share of her child, in ancestarl property,on behalf of child.

Child on attaining majority can ask for it.

Wife can ask for maintainace, alimony.

Judge will decide.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     16 May 2016

Upon divorce you can only claim maintance from your husband. Property standing in the name of  Father -in-law whether living or deceased , does not fall as a claimable right unless and until transferred to your husband. As indicated by Experts above as a natural guardian of your son, claim can be raised for share in Grand father's property.

Bhavani. (Ghjjjf)     16 May 2016

My husband has not provided his address,so do you think this is the right time to ask for child's share in father in law's  property.he has another son and his family.

Cause if we wait for my Child to turn into major,my husband will remain absconded.my DV act hearing is going on currently and my husband and his mother had harrased my child a lot .waiting for justice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register