LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prem (property investor)     24 July 2012

Refund

I paid 10% of the total amount as booking amount for an apartment unit i intended to buy in a real estate development  project under consruction in Uttarakhand,India

since then my circumstances have changed and do not wish to buy the property anymore and informed the builder in that regard when i was asked to pay additional installment amount.

i have sent 3 written requests and called numerous times to issue me the refund  but not getting any answers.

3 months have already passed since i made the payment. what are my options ?

Learning

2 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     24 July 2012

You have to first see the terms of booking the apartment unit, if it is there that you will get refund or the money will be forfeited in case of non buying of the apartment after booking. Seeing  the booking condition you can ask it giving a notice for refund of the amount. It appears you have already given witten letter, it will be better to give a lawyers notice requesting to refund giving specific period with an intimation to approach the legal forum in failure to refund. Thereafter you can approach for recovery by filing a suit for recovery of the amount.

vickysamshri (PM)     25 July 2012

I have trusted one lawyer in bank auctioned property matter, before i process further i was not aware of any RULES & REGULATIONS given by bank and also the lawyer didn't informed me about this, after giving the EMD check on bank name and the bank authorizing office banged the auction property on my name with the amount which i was not expected (my limit was 45lac, she finalized on 55lac & i was not in the auction, this lawyer had some settings), which is not possible for me, now when i requested the bank to return my EMD amount they are showing rules which cannot be given, when i asked the lawyer then she is telling that even she was not aware of rules and regulation... etc etc

what will legal process, to get my EMD amount from bank?, since bank strickly telling me that EMD amount cannot be possible as per the rules and this lawyer is cheated me without informing me all this.

Since 8 months has passed, now for now i am in deep trouble...

Please help me out with some legal process, so that i can get my money back

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register