Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sambit (Tech Consultant)     16 February 2011

Rights & Custody Of Woman(Widow) after remarriage

Hi,

My question is for India (Please answer based on Indian Law)

My sister is a widow with a 6 yr old daughter and she got a job in the same Bank as a compensation for his husbands death. Now she is also paying the loan which her husband took for a house.

Now we are planning a remarriage for her so I have some questions :

1. In case of remarriage will she need to resign from the Job (as it she got it for compensation)

2. Will she continue to with the guardianship of her daughter (as both can't live without each other)

3. What will happen to the House she is paying the Loan off (still in her deceased husbands name)

4. Will there be any other problem.

If you can please help us taking decision for her remarriage by answering .

Thanks & Regards

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

@

Sambit

1. In case of remarriage will she need to resign from the Job (as it she got it for compensation)

2. Will she continue to with the guardianship of her daughter (as both can't live without each other)

3. What will happen to the House she is paying the Loan off (still in her deceased husbands name)

4. Will there be any other problem.

1. No.Continue the job as she wish to.

2.Yes, absolutely.

3.She must pay loan installments otherwise bank will take necessary steps to recover the loan amount.

4.No problem .

Hi

Just to add to my queries above :

She is staying with us(Her Parent) since her husbands death following some problems in the inlaws house.

Details of her inlaws 

Father (Retaired Bank Offcier), Mother (House Wife), 2 Brothers, 1 unemployed and not married other maried with kid and working in private sec.

Thanks for your reply.

Is it needed to get any NOC from the Bank as I think there was a form regarding remarriage was filled while taking up the job.

Here I asked some advocates for the gurdianship and got the reply that any mail father/mother/any male member of her 1st husbant can approch the court claiming the child's custody and most chance they will get it.

I am concerned about this.

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register