LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv (self employed)     18 August 2024

Seeking guidance on obtaining records for a 1987 appeal suit

I am looking to obtain a copy of the judgment order from an Appeal suit dating back to 1987. This suit was initially filed by my late father, but after his demise, I chose not to pursue it further as it was not in my interest. I now need a copy of this judgment because it has been referenced in another suit that I am currently pursuing.

The original suit was in the combined state of Andhra Pradesh, but since the state's bifurcation, I have tried approaching the high courts in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, only to find that the suit details are untraceable. Online searches also show no records found.

Given that I did not pursue the appeal and there were no other plaintiffs, I am certain that it was dismissed. However, I am now in need of the records and would greatly appreciate advice from the respected seniors here on how to obtain these records. Unfortunately, the advocate who represented my father is no longer available for contact.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2024

If you are not the party then you may have to obtain a legal heirship certificate and a power of attorney deed from all legal heirs in your favour and then file a copy application seeking certified copy of the judgement of the appeal suit before high court at Hyderabad.

You can engage the services of a local lawyer and proceed 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register