LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devaraj Mohan (Manager)     05 May 2014

Settlement deed from mother

A settlement deed was made by my mother in two of my sisters names and my name for a house which has 3 floors. The 2nd floor is given to me and the settlement deed is registered. currently my mother wants to cancel the settlement deed given to my sisters and give the full 3 floors in my name. Is is possible to cancel a settlement deed and what is the procedure?? Should my sisters give any concent to cancel the settlement deed that has been registered in their names. The issue of property arised this year after my fathers demise. We have two properties solely earned by my father but in my mothers name. One property the settlement deed was made. The other property the settlement deed is not made. So currently my mother has decided to give one property shared between my 4 sisters and the property were the settlement deed is already she wants to cancel the right of my sisters and give it totaly in my name. Can my sisters create any issue in future. The other property I have clearly mentioned i will not claim and will give in writting. Please help me with the settlement deed which is given to my sisters that needs to be cancelled and is it possible to rewoke the settlement deed Regards

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     05 May 2014

Settlement deed can be cancelled if both settlor and settle agrees for that. Otherwise it has to be done only with court intervention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register