Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Designation)     01 November 2010

Shared Parenting Petition

Hi,

I had a very devastating marriage and have 2 lovely daughters 3 years and 1.6 years old respectively. I love the kids very much however I had been in an unfortunate situation not able to visit them for more than 6 months now. My wife doesnt mind giving me divorce ( whenever i try to negotiate thru elders and friends). I never want to live with her anymore. I also understand the legal and moral limitations of separating the kids and asking for custody. I need to apply for SHARED PARENTING rights whereby i would be able to get rights to decide on their education and extra curricular activities. Also I plan to monitor and actively engage in their academic and social life through their future teachers and friends and I am confident about being in a position to explain to them in a justifying manner when they arrive at their mature age.

Can i apply for equal custody before filing divorce, because i consider getting the kids rights as important than getting the divorce, that could wait for some more time. 

Suresh

Learning

1 Replies

Kunal Mukherjee (Father)     06 November 2010

I wish you luck. Unfortunately, the practitioners of our legal system do not generally believe in gender equality and hence do not encourage shared parenting. But don't worry, if you file for custody, the case will take long enough for your daughters to turn 18.

So - and this I state from personal experience of over 5 years - just focus on remaining close to your children, even if in their thoughts and consciousness. have more faith in the unseen Divine justice than in its more worldly version and perhaps one day your daughters will come back to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register