LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rinzind Dorjee (Section Officer)     19 August 2011

Transfering the bar membership

I am a registered member of Bar council of Karnataka state. But recently I shifted my office to the Himachal pradesh and have now planned to settle and work in Himachal Pradesh. Is it necessary to tranfer to the membership? If I transfer, it takes around three months and also have to travel lot.......... can you show me some other procedures?

Learning

1 Replies

bhaskar p (advocate)     19 August 2011

sir , from ur writing i find u are a section officer. if u are in government service you need to inform the karnatake bar for ur suspension of practise during the period of ur government service. but if u are practisign lawyer want to regularly practise in himachal  pradesh court , it is practicicall y advisable to apply to bar council of india for ur name transfter from karnatak to himachal. in any event as per the new amendment to advocates act u can freely appear any where withing the country irrespective of ur member ship of bar , for availing the benefits and the privillege of the local bar it is always better for u to change ur memeber ship to himachal at the expense of long time and travel. for if u exactly want to  transfer ur name from parent state to himachal please send me ur completle particular s, i will guide u to gain this challenging experience. thanks my no 9486018697

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register