Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman (student)     06 June 2012

U/s 498-a harayana police can investigate matter at delhi

Dear Sir,
My cousin wife has left the matrimonial home and has filed the 498-A case in Haryana( at her parents residence) and he has received the phone call from SHO of the concerned Police station located at Haryana.
My cousin is Govt employee at Delhi is residing in Delhi and the matrimonial home is too located in Delhi and he hardly visited the wife parents residence at Haryana
In such circumstances, whether Haryana Police will investigate matter in Delhi or it transfer the matter/case to Delhi Jurisdiction?

If arrest has to be made whether Haryana polce can arrest him or his family members who are residing in Delhi?

Whether my cousin can approach to Delhi District Court for anticipatory bail if the FIR is registered u/s 498-A in Haryana?

Learning

3 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     06 June 2012

First of all. You have to get bail from haryana court where the present case is filed and if not granted bail then you have to approach Punjab and HAryana High Court at Chandigarh.

Haryana police may arreset you and your family members.

but your case may be transfer to Delhi also but for that you have to take immediate action.

You may appraoch me and i can help you to get bail in Haryana or in High court as i am also practising in Punjab and Haryana High Court at Chanidgarh and also having office in various states of Punjab and Haryana.

you may contact me at adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com or call me at 09814110005

(Guest)

Haryana Police can investigate the case personally in Delhi with help of concern PS SHO,  He has to inform such area (Delhi) SHO or SSP of concern region.

FIR registered in Haryana so you have to get Anticipatotry bail from Haryana Chandigarh HC, If maintenable,

First File petition for arresting stay order or quash the FIR.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     06 June 2012

You may file case for transfer to delhi but better to first get anticipatory bail.

Good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register