Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

EagleEyeNagpur (Professional)     30 March 2016

Urgent help needed regarding annulment

Hello. I got married in June 2015 as a result of 7 years of relationship turned into love marriage. Post marriage, my wife was was unable to balance the work and personal life. Also,she & my father were not able to get along together nicely, which transpired into a big fight, while I was at work 4.5 months ago, and my father told her to leave home. This incident has caused us husband and wife too much damage, and now she is unwilling to come back.I have also suggested that I and my wife can stay apart elsewhere, but to no avail. When we both talk, my wife is continually blaming my father for our disturbed life, and says that I should now atone for my fathers behaviour. Also, I should mention that due to my wife's unwillingness from time to time, we have not had s*x. Now I need help, that can I get annulment approved only if I approach the Court within one year? Else, what can be done? Please help as I am in a distraught state of mind.

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 March 2016

for getting annulment of marriage on the grounds of no s*xual relation is difficult as it needs to be proved that it happens due to impotency of the spouse.you can file divorce on the grounds of cruelty as refusal for s*x without any reason amounts to cruelty.for that you need to wait for a year from the time of marriage and then only you can file petition

EagleEyeNagpur (Professional)     30 March 2016

Kindly advise two things #1. Does Counselling happen if annulment is filed? #2. Is it mandatory that annulment filing should be done only within a year of marriage, or within a year of staying apart?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 March 2016

annulment must be filed within a year

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 March 2016

The dispute here is between the father in law and the daughter in law,but not between the husband and the wife.

The above differences could have been set right by U within the four walls of Ur home than going public.A woman enters the matrimonial home from a completely different atmosphere and it is for the husband to make her feel at home.U have failed to do so.

U are bothered only about s*x in UR life but not the problems she encountered in UR house.

Don't break the marriage with foolish thoughts.Better both of U have a good family counselling and reunite.

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     31 March 2016

Eagle Eye but with poor sight bro?. Bro Sainadh Devella has perfectly analysed ur issue. Therefore not much to add. All the best. +91-91777-22930

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register