LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mentally Depressed (will tell you later)     26 February 2012

Who is responsible for all these and what for?

I narrate the small story of my family. My father retired from organization 10 years ago and has 2 sons( One me and my elder brother). In 2005-06, my parents arranged marriage for my elder brother in a reputable position at Govt organization who belonged to same profession. The life was as usual but disturbed due to death of my mother due to cancer in year 2010. After her death, my sister in law left the matrimonial home and demanded jewellery and heavy cash and later served legal notice to my family. We filed the RCR, the matter was solved in Jan 2011 but relations of sister in law was very much strained with my family. Her father started conspiring against us and tried to implicate us through parties in false cases but failed. Now my sister in law again left the home 5 months ago with suspected intentions to join the home

My father has the grievances with my elder brother as my brother wants to take divorce with my sister in law. But never dare to speak anything in front of him but always criticized at his back and constantly commenting about the irresponsible behavior of my brother

My father discouraged me for foreign assignments for growth and never took interest in my marriage and my settlement as his previous stand was that I was working on contract job for last 12 years but was terminated from services one year back and now I am regularized but hardly took interest in my growth

Regarding me; I am Law graduate and my fault was that I didn’t foreign ventures for the well being of my family and I contested cases of my service matter against illegal termination and other fraud committed by my employer as result I had to be unemployed for 1 year and I am the least earner in my family

My brother who holds the reputable position in the Govt Sector and has the grievances that his life has been ruined due to the arranged marriage which was made by father.

Now I seek the expert opinion from you, that who is responsible for all this and who needs to be changed as I am sure from the comments made by the impartial member would definitely impact on our thinking

Learning

2 Replies

bhima balla (none)     26 February 2012

Stand on your feet! Fight to live and progress. Do not marry, if you don't want to and live your life to the fullest! Do not dwell on the past. Respect your father -since at least he has educated you to give you an opportunity in life. Foreign assignments? What sort of foreign assignment for a law graduate? Not very clear there. Just blaming anyone will lead to nowhere. Maybe, with your law degree, you can fight for those Men who are oppressed in this age of assault on men!

If you do want to marry and lead a marital life, you don't necessarily need your father's permission.

Mentally Depressed (will tell you later)     27 February 2012

Thanks for your reply..I forget to mention that I am from different academic background and has much importance in English speaking Countires and I earned law degree during the job( evening college) and I left all those for the sake of family.

and now I stand on my feets as I able to acquired the permanent position in Govt Sector

And the sinuosidal attitude of my family puzzled me a lot

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register