LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abiraman (others)     22 December 2009

will for my grandchildren

i would like to write a will for my grandson who is of 14 yrs of age stating that he will get the property in my name after he becomes a major that is by 2013. who will be in charge of the propert until that time if i kick the bucket in 2011. Should i mention in the will the caretaker of the property also.

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 December 2009

No conditional will. Make it simple without time frame and get it duly registered with two witnesses who are hale and hearty and who are not likely to kick the bucket themselves when it is sent for probate.

niranjan (civil practice)     22 December 2009

A minor can be declared owner of theproperty  by will,no problem with that,why do you want to wait till his majority,if you make him owner by will,he will be able to deal with it on attaining majority. And will will come into effect after demise of lthe testator.However for safety you can appoint someone as caretaker,but he would not be able to sell this property,during minority of your son.,and you should mention in the will that the caretaker is not authorised to sell the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register