Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cleopatramoon (dfdfdd)     28 July 2011

company ordering me to extend notice period

Hi All,

I have a query here. i am in probation and have resigned. The offer letter and policy says, i have to serve 2 months notice in both probation and confirmation period. i am ready to serve the notice but they have sent a mail informimg me to extend to 3 months (in a mail). wen i had a discussion with the HR, he told me that he cant give me relieving letter if i did not extend and i told him i will serve the notice as per policy and i cannot extend the notice. After this i have sent a mail to the HR confirming the same that i cannot extend the notice period. they have not replied to the mail and it doesnt matter to me. i mailed them keeping in mind the proof for sending them a lawyer notice.  what should i do if they dont releive me?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2011

-You can reply, with a copy to you that due to various commitments you are willing to transfer knowledge, hand over the charge, help to complete the tasks with in effective date of your resignation i.e......... If deemed fit you can ask him to supply you the specific reason in writing why he wants you to extend the notice period to 3 months , while the notice period is 2 months, so that you can revert.

If deemed fit you can minute that he stated that if you do not extend the notice period to 3 months, he shall not let you have the relieving letter.

-Complete all assignments on hand; use your rapport and resources to obtain in writing that no assignment is pending to be done by you, either by email or by letter. If no body gives it to you, you may send email or letter stating you have completed all tasks, and nothing is pending to be done by you, and you have transferred the knowledge(if you have done),and handed over the charge(if you have done), with in the effective date of your resignation i.e...........

-deposit company property, and obtain acknowledgment under seal and signature and obtain comment that nothing is due towards to you. It can serve as NDC/NOC.

His statement that if

Request the company to supply you, acceptance of resignation, settlement of a/c, F&F,form16, work experience certificate, PF accumulation reports, PF withdrawal/transfer reports,

Be gentle, amiable and leave the company with a happy note, and strengthen your rapport with all in company.

Your future employer can absorb you on the strength of acceptance of resignation, F&F, work experience certificate.

Be Smart.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register