LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritu Pandey   12 September 2024

Contract issue

I am the owner of a small retail business in Chennai, and I’ve been facing a frustrating situation with a contractor I hired for the renovation of my commercial property. Back in April 2023, I signed a construction agreement with Prime Builders, a local contracting firm, to renovate my shop. They promised that the entire project would be completed within six months, by October 2023. The contract even included a penalty clause for delays, which was meant to ensure the work would be completed on time. However, it’s now September 2024, and the renovation is still incomplete. This isn’t the first time I’ve had this issue with them. When I first worked with Prime Builders in 2021, they delayed another renovation project by several months. At that time, I decided to let it go, thinking that unexpected delays happen in construction. But this time, after repeatedly being promised that the work would be finished, I feel betrayed and taken advantage of. I’m now considering filing a lawsuit for the breach of construction contract and delay in project delivery. The penalty clause for delayed completion in the contract should hold them accountable, but they’ve ignored all attempts at resolving the issue. My business has been suffering, and I can no longer afford to wait.

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2024

Please confine the posting to material facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register