Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul   07 November 2023

Dispute in huf property

Hi Everyone,

We have undivided property which has multiple shareholders. I am also a shareholder.

I got information that one of the shareholders without our knowledge, sold a part of the property to a third party and made a registry for it.

I am not in favour of this deal.

Kindly, let me know what remedy I have. Should I get a stay order? or what can I do?

please help me.

thanks in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 November 2023

File a partition suit in the court.

rahul   07 November 2023

Hi,

thanks for reply.

But, what to do for current registry which is done. it is illegal.

thanks

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2023

The cosharer can sell his undivided share in the property with or without the permission of the other shareholders.

Therefore the sale cannot be termed as illegal or invalid.

If you do not want to continue the joint holding/enjoyment of the property, you can file a suit for partition and seek remedy/solution

rahul   08 November 2023

hello Sir,

The problem is , I am from a mountainous area.

we have two type of lands, fertile and non fertile. fertile land price is 4-5 times more than infertile land.

Let assume that there are 4 shareholders of all properties having 25% share for each

and 25% is fertile land and 75% is not fertile.

the 25% fertile is divided into four parts and infertile land is also divided into four parts.

Now, if a shareholder having 25% share in undivided property, sell 25% of fertile land claiming that it is his share. the rest of shareholders will get only non-fertile land whose rates is very low.

thanks

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 November 2023

Land owner only is having rights to sell or distribution of the land.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 November 2023

If you feel that the person who sold his 25% share out of the entire property stating that he is entitled for 25% and had sold the property from the fertile land portion, then it would be illegal and invalid.

You can file a suit for partition seeking your share from both the fertile and unfertile landed property equally by good and bad soil and metes and bounds. 

You can implead the subsequent purchaser also as a necessary party to the suit.

Since you are not a party to the sale, you do not have to ask for cancellation of the sale deed, instead you can ask the court to declare that the sale as null and void for the reasons you may rely upon

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2023

What does this means?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register