Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubhadeep   22 February 2016

Divorce on forcefully marriage

Hi

I was in a relationship with my girlfriend till june 2014 and afterthat we were in touch with each other jus a friendship. I was planning to get marry with a girl in December 2015 but my girlfrn filled a FIR against me on the basis of used her on false marriage commitments. We got married (me and my frn) on the basis of that false FIR and now she is very guilt for that false case she put on me. Case got quashed as she admitted in front judge that was a statement under depression. Now we don’t want to leave with each other and that marriage was a complete forceful marriage.

How can I apply for divorce asap.   

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 February 2016

within a year from the time the force ceased to exist you must approach court to declare the marriage void on grounds of force being used to obtain consent

1 Like

Advocate Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     22 February 2016

Sir,

You can get the same annulled, the catch is you file the same and tell her not to appear and then take the ex-parte decree against the same. 

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Shubhadeep   24 February 2016

My wife was saperated with her husband from 7 years but she didn't get divorce from him and then she did this re-marriage with me. can i get the divorce on these basis????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register