LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Manager)     16 December 2012

Dv case help

wife filed DV case, seperated past 11 yrs.Before marriage she is having an affair, not interested to marry me, her parents forced, I am not aware of these things, after marriage she lived with me for 1 yr(abroad), had a son, after delivery left the boy at her parents place and joined her lover. In the past I tried to get divorce and custody of boy but she is not willing to give, denied my allegations, I was unable to prove her illegal relation, case dismissed. Now  I am living with another lady and have a 5 yr old daughter with her. Somehow she got my daughter's birth certificate and produced, in counter as per my lawyer suggestion I denied all these allegations. There is no 2nd marriage, will judge ask me to go for DNA test? will he call my daughter and livein lady and her relations  to court and ask questions?  or my wife is asked to produce  2nd marriage photos? not sure of these proceedings, she is asking for share in house and huge maintenance. I am willing to take custody of the boy . I don't want to give her any properties, willing to give it to my son when he becomes adult, she is not agreeing for this. Please advice

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 December 2012

Dear Srinivas

no need to worry 

the limitation period is only one year for Domestic violence case. her petition/complaint will be dismiss if she filed any DV Case against you.

Feel Free to Call

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 December 2012

@ Nadeem Qureshi sir, 

i think, there is no limitation period for DV.

experts, pl correct me if i m wrong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register