LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Piningfordaughter (VP)     11 July 2014

Ex leaves country with daughter- refusing accepting summons

I had earlier posted in April that ex took the minor daughter to Singapore without agreeing to revised visitation. On advise from the forum, I initiated Contempt and custody proceeding in Chennai court. The summons were sent to her parental house in Chennai, which were not accepted. I then couriered the summons to known work addresses in Singapore, which also came back. My lawyer advised to personally go to Singapore and deliver the summons.

I secured a meeting through the Consulate, and the ex did come with my daughter and I spent an hour in my daughter's company but ex refused to accept the summons.

I am not sure how else to go about it. I understand accepting the summons is important to start the legal proceeding and I dont have patience to play with all these games by my ex.

Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     11 July 2014

One more case...

India needs to Sign Hauge Convention...

Check your PM..

Have a Heart Foundation (Sales & Mktng)     11 July 2014

One more case...

India Needs to sign Hauge Convention..

check your PM

Piningfordaughter (VP)     12 July 2014

The Welfare officer at the High Commission of India at Singapore said that they cannot serve the notice on my behalf. If I want them to serve the notice I need to get in touch with the Consular Section of the Ministry of External Affairs.

I spoke to the Ministry of External Affairs who directed me to the Ministry of Law. The Ministry of Law directed me to Ram Kumar Section Officer (Judicial). I called Ram Kumar on 011 23384945, however, he was not at his seat. Now I have to wait until Monday.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register