Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bkp1 (self employed)     30 August 2024

Gpoa for sale of property

My query is as follows:

1. Two of my sisters residing in Delhi, along with me, are joint / co-owners of a small residential plot in Ambala that we now wish to sell.

2. Both my sisters are of an advanced age, ailing, and not in a position to travel. Hence, they wish to execute a GPOA in my favor to dispose off this plot on their behalf. I believe this GPOA will need to be registered at the Sub-Registrar's office in Delhi, where my sisters reside.

I live in Mumbai.

My question is will I need to be physically present at Delhi for the Registration of the GPOA, or my full ID and address details i.e. Adhaar Card, Photographs etc,  on the document will be adequate for registration of the GPOA?  

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2024

You need to be present before the concerned sub registrar for signing the GPA deed as the power agent accepting the power deed authirised in your favor. 

This will ensure you to sell the property at Ambala on the basis of the power of attorney document executed in your favor, on behalf of your sisters.

bkp1 (self employed)     30 August 2024

Thank you Sir... This means I will need to go Delhi !!

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2024

Wherever the principal would be able to register the power of attorney deed in your favor, you may have to be present before that sub registrar for the purpose as satetd erlier

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     30 August 2024

Yes,you as power agent and your sisters as principal have to present before Sub Registrar for registering power of attorney. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 August 2024

Any suggestion depends upon the procedure in vogue in the State where the PoA is being registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register