LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praphullachandra j   09 July 2024

Group medical insurance not renewed by employer

Dear Sir, I join hotel Radisson Blue (continental developers) on 19 sep 2022 as Chief engineer. The company provides me and my family Group Medical insurance . The validity of GMC card expired on 5 Aug. 2023. after giving several requests to general manager for renewal of GMC They renewed the GMC on 27 sep 2023. In between GMC lapsed period (6 Aug 23 to 27 Sep 23) my wife and daughter suffered from illness and admitted in hospital. daughter diagnosed with epilepsy and wife diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. Boths medicine will need to take for 3 years continuously. I requested to reimburse the medical expanses they denied. Hence, I request you to help me to get this amount from them. Thanking You. Praphullachandra.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 July 2024

When you have not been covered by insurance for medical issues,  you will not be entitled to claim compensation. 

If your employer has not renewed it then you should have gone for your own medical insurance. 

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 July 2024

Did you apply for renewal of your GMC card to your employer?

praphullachandra j   10 July 2024

Yes sir I requested continuously after 5 aug but they renewed GMC on 27sep 23 . GMC lapsed period was from 5 aug to 28 sep 23

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 July 2024

It is an administrative delay.  Now you cannot claim it.

praphullachandra j   10 July 2024

But sir due to administrative delays I spend near about 600000 on medical expanses  and I am in debit unable to recover. They not informed me that there will be delayed in insurance renewal 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 July 2024

Sorry........................................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register