LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Magesh   11 November 2015

Help me to get divorce from cheated wife

Hi, I married at 2010, after few months I came to know that she already married a guy. then I was separated from her, we sent legal notice to her to give divorce, but she refused, then I went to US for one year for my job , then I returned to India and filed a case that she already married and announce my marriage was null and void with her first married photo as evidence, but my petition was dismissed as I married at 2010 and filed the case at 2014. I am living separately for the last 4 years, she is not ready to give divorce, my life is going in tears, please help me to get divorce from her ?

Learning

4 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     12 November 2015

There is no reason for you to worry so much. Just because she is not willing to give you a divorce does not mean that you are not entitled to one. You can also claim divorce through a one sided petition.

In case the allegations are proved,then the divorce decree shall be granted in your favour.

It was a blunder seeking nullity of marriage after the passage of the limitation period.

Seek advice from a good lawyer and dont worry. I myself have at least 5 cases where my clients are NRI's /foreign based hindus.

Nothing can impact your career if you take the correct steps at the right time

Augustine Chatterjee

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     12 November 2015

Mr Magesh,

The door is open to you where you can file a contested Divorce petition on the ground of the Desertion and second marriage of your wife. You at this stage qualify for these both grounds and also on the grounds of cheating and fraud you can file a criminal case against her and also demand a compensation for your sufferings and humiliation and dishonour within the society.

Advice, please take help of a senior and experienced Advocate  of the field.

Good Luck !!

(Guest)

Rightly advised by above two.

My opinion is that, if she wants to contest case etc, then it might take long time to get oveer say 8-9 years.  Anyway you are out of India, find someone else there and get married or go for live in.  Marriage is just a state of mind, there are crores of men who are married but dont even feel married in their heads.

SuperHero (Manager)     13 November 2015

Originally posted by : Magesh
Hi, I married at 2010, after few months I came to know that she already married a guy. then I was separated from her, we sent legal notice to her to give divorce, but she refused, then I went to US for one year for my job , then I returned to India and filed a case that she already married and announce my marriage was null and void with her first married photo as evidence, but my petition was dismissed as I married at 2010 and filed the case at 2014. I am living separately for the last 4 years, she is not ready to give divorce, my life is going in tears, please help me to get divorce from her ?

Holy Cow!!!!

You married in 2010 and this is 2015. And you lost precious years...The moment you knew she was married you should have filed all cases such as bigamy and what not....

I really don't understand is your Marital Life important or not. You should fix it First...then you should have gone abroad...

Never late than ever..Atleast do the following now...as advised by Legal experts....

Wish You Good Luck...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register