LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leena (a)     05 January 2013

Help- registered agreement cancellation!

Hi There,

I was about to sell my land to Party 'A' but in last minute deal didn't happen (Loan didn't get approved for party 'A'). In this whole process a sale agreement (registered agreement on stamp paper of Rs15,000) was made and submitted to the registrar.

Now after 2 years I want to sell my land to party 'B' but when we go to registrar office; he says first we need to bring the party 'A' to cancel the previous sale agreement.

The agreement was valid for 6 months but registrar is saying that we have to bring the Part 'A' to cancel that agreement. There is no escape from that and that is how it is.

we have already sent many notices to party 'A' and no response.

my question to you is; whatever registrar is saying; is that true.

what are we suppose to do in this situation.

Regards,

Leena

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     06 January 2013

The sub registrar is wrong and is legally not valid. you have two choices : 1) File a case for cancellation of the sale agreement with the small causes court by adding party A as the defendent and proof of party A's refusal to accept your notices. 2) Ask you advocate to talk to the sub registrar and explain to him that the instrument is not valid anymore and that you have all rights over the property being its true owner.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register