LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John   13 April 2018

How to get back my booking amiunt

I paid 1 lac rupees to book a flat. Within 12 days I cancelled by seeing the history of builder regarding delaying the project. I have not signed any agreement.i have receipt of that as well as done this transaction by swiping my card.in receipt nothing mentioned regarding cancellation but in booking form it was mentioned about cancellation that it is 1 lac rupees. I want to know.my.legal rights ? Is it possible to get back my.money??

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     13 April 2018

You yourself say that in the booking form it was mentioned that in case of cancellation the amount of Rs. 1 lakh would be charged/retained.

If that be so, you have booked the flat only after reading the booking form.

So what is there for you to now to agitate about the same?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 April 2018

First contact builder and try to settle amicably, and if he is not willing go for legal advice, if you have not booked any specific flat no etc., and if there are some more defects that can be traced in agreement form.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 April 2018

Other than advancing the amount, was any 'booking' really made?

John   14 April 2018

Sir..there is no agreement. I am supposed to give rest of amount within 15 days..Builder issued one allotment letter. The softcopy what he sent..there was it mentioned cancellation charge of 1 lac rupees. This builder keep on delaying ..people are supposed to get possesion June 2016. Till now they have not got electricity.i don't know how come it is not coming under Rera. I want to know is there any possible way to get back my money.Regarding law and order where I am standing. Is builder have rights to keep my money..please guide me

Rakesh   16 April 2018

I have done sale agreement of house worth 37 lac and I have paid him 5 lac by cheque at the time of agreement now he is unable to give required documents of house he is telling I 'll give you day after tomorrow we have done agreement for 90 days period in which 70 days has been completed I have told him give my money back but he is saying he don't have money and he will do registration only after that before 4 days back he told he will sell house in 47 lacs I cannot understand what I have to do can I do another agreement of sale for 120 days or it is not required because if 90 days completed shall he will don't give amount back any suggestion he faced some losses and he don't have money he has two houses on his own name any suggestion please

John   16 April 2018

I have nt much idea..but send him notice by consulting with local advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register