LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yash sharma (senior manager)     16 June 2012

Humiliation,

iam a senior manager with a pvt organisation. despite being a 5 year old employee, lately with certain changes in senior leadership, life has changed for me. i have been a top performer however now, they dont consider me to be good enough with no justifiesd reasons, their favourites get job roles and benefits and i am being harassed everyday as now they dont require me on the job..there have been instances where senior person has shouted at me in fornt of my subordinates for no fault of mine, my direct supervisor picks on small things to touble me every day. they have wrongfully tried to implicate certain charges on me as well. I want to ask if there is any legal route i could take to fight this sort of thing as after 17 years of work experience I have completely lost confidence in myself, i have started having health problems,etc. some other people in my situation have tried to complaint to HR however situation worsened for them and hence iam scared to take this matter up internally. Please advise what legal actions can i take up with such inhuman leaders. 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     16 June 2012

Serve them a legal notice you have a right to work with dignity. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2012

Employee should record such transactions (audio/visual).All affected employees can be witness to each other.

Employee should report the matter to good offices of appointing authority, MD,CEO in writing under acknowledgment, and cite your performance and conduct. Each employee may highlight that the approach is biased and style is favoritism to chosen ones and vindictive to you. Shouting should not be tolerated.Yes employee may issue legal notice.

This happens with almost all companies. The new entrants want to bring their own ones, operate in their style, and spend some time comfortably. The employees with vintage may be drawing high package and may not mould to their style. Hence this situation.

You are a top performer and it is time to look for better position in better company with good HR practices. The best approach shall be fight out in market place.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     18 June 2012

Take a copy of Discipline and Appeal Regulations and Conduct rules of the company.  Give a thorough reading to it.  Start challenging them if they humilate you.  Give replies to their letters quoting DA regulations and conduct rules questioning them which DA regulation or which Conduct rule you have violated. Tell them to issue any show cause notice or conduct a domestic inquiry if they want.  Drag them into court cases later.  File for damages.  If they play on your self-confidence you have to give a sound retort.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     18 June 2012

Record their conversations wherever possible wherever they are humiliating and talking to you with a dominating tone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register