Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous Anonymous (NA)     15 March 2022

Husband share in wifes income

Hi, 

I was forced to give my whole salary to my husband, directly credited to his account via bank transfer or via cash and subsequently have to ask for money from him for my own daily expenses, including the expenses required for my basic needs, transportation etc.

This has reached a point where my self-esteem is hurt badly & eventually, I stopped giving my whole salary to him and also stopped sharing my expense details with him, which resulted in heated arguments, mental pressure, threats etc. He is insisting me to pay house expenses in full including school fees for kid , his credit card bill, petrol, grocery and his car monthly emi, whereas his only expense is limited to the home rent, even after taking care of the house expense he is insisting me to show my salary details and transactions to him. My earnings are higher than his income hence due to the moral values, i do not have any issues supporting our household expense. However the previous experience has led to a point where I lost trust in him, hence i am not sharing the details on my saving or expense with him anymore. 
Please advise my legal rights on my below enquiry :-

1. As a wife How much of the house expense am I liable to bear?

2. Also want to know, after sharing the house expense, am I liable to show my salary transactions ( expense or saving of my salary) and share bank account details to my husband?

3. Is there any legal document where i can have his acceptance and agreement on our future financial transaction so that i can have a final decision made on the topic. 

Appreciate your reply

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   15 March 2022

Horrible to read , deny to share everything with him ,if he objects don't care ,if he force  or behave  rudely tell him  be careful ,I am not your slave .

ankush agarwal (Advocate)     17 March 2022

your salary is yours. No one can claim your salary. If you gave it to your with your own will to husband then it is upon to you no one can do anything. if you are forced then you can file a civil suit as well as you can do criminal complaint to police. further you can also file complaint in court under domestic violation act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register