LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anirban   16 September 2024

I invest in sip mutual fund, how it affect 125 maintenance case

I need a proper guide on my 125 maintenance case. My wife filed a maintenance case on me. We don't have any child.

I have a computer business (related to data entry, web design, etc.). From there I earn upto 10 thousands per month.

I receive 5 thousand interest per month from my father's MIS schemes through bank. I also invest in mutual fund through SIP of 6 thousand every month from 2019. My father is a pension holder.

My wife is a Graduate with 76.52 % in History honours (regular). She has also completed computer Diploma of 1 year in Information Technology. 

My wife is now claiming Rs.10,000 maintenance. She has mentioned that I work as a teacher earning Rs.25,000 per month. (Actually I was working at a private school 1 year back with a salary of Rs.8000. I left the school in 2023. Now I have the business which I mentioned above. That's why she mentioned that I am a teacher in her maintenance notice)

My Questions-
* How much will be my maintenance? 
* Is there any way to decrease the maintenance?
* Will the MIS interest and SIP affect my maintenance amount? What will be the solution?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2024

The NIS interest amount if received as regular income every month then that may be added to your monthly income.

The investment in mutual funds or share market even through SIP mode may not be excluded from your monthly income.

You may have to challenge her claim on the basis of documentary evidences and merits on your side to reduce the maintenance amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register