Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saranya sivadas   24 July 2024

Land related

Hello sir,

My grandfather had 14 cent land, in which 3.5 cent of land gave to my father and 1.5cent land for my uncle(brother of my father) n rest of the land with double floor house gave to my abovementioned uncle's son.. In total my father got 3.5 cent land and for his brothers family n son(son in the first marriage )get 11.5cent land ....sir is there any chance to divide the land equally 

Learning

6 Replies

vasantharao venkatarao (Independent professional )     25 July 2024

You need to be clear as to whether your grandfather's property was self acquired or inherited. In case it is self acquired, your grand father has absolute rights to give the property as per the proportions decided by him..Further as the property was given by your grandfather during his life time, it appears that the property is self acquired.

If the factual situation is different you may post the issue with further details 

saranya sivadas   25 July 2024

Thank you sir. Actually the property was inherited but there is no document to prove that. In all document it is states that as self acquired. Now my grand parents passed away. So is there any chance to get the property legally if my father demand for that

vasantharao venkatarao (Independent professional )     25 July 2024

Pl clarify the following

The nature of the document executed by your grand father in favour of your father and your uncle ( I suppose that it should be gift deeds)

Has the ownership details of your grandfather mentioned in the said documents executed  in your father and uncle' s favour

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2024

This appears to be your grandfather's self acquired property hence whatever he wanted to give to his chilbe challenged for any reason

saranya sivadas   06 August 2024

no sir, it is not gift deed, both are sale deed

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2024

If it was transferred by a registered sale deed then the buyer becomes an absolute owner of the property 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register