LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Khan (Technical Consultant)     17 October 2014

Mentally sick wife

married for the last 6.5 yrs. right after the marriage my wife started showing signs of not being mentally fit. as i am working in uae after staying there for about 1.5 months after marriage i came back to work and kept regular visit to the place hoping that she will recover.

we were convinced by our in laws that she was suffering from some sort of depression and would recover soon. we had tried different doctor but she remained the same. she is staying in my home.

after enquiring at her place we came to know that she is mentally underdeveloped.

i dont have any relation with my wife nor she has any attachment with the kids, the kids are taken care my father and mother .

i have 2 kids ( boy of 5 and girl of 3yrs) .

my in laws are threatning me of dire consequences if i take these steps.

i want to settle in my life and keep the custody of kids, 

please suggest my options.

Learning

6 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     17 October 2014

If you have made yor mind then you can file divorce case on grounds of cruelity and fraud and also seek custody of children.Also state your religion as marriage laws are different for every religion and way your marriage take place in mean customs of religion.

i am muslim by religion, my inlaws of threatend me to file a dowry case against me. i cannot stay in india to fight these cases and my father and mother stays alone in india and they are old and cannot fight these cases and fear for police harrasment.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     17 October 2014

then just let the turtle walk in the same speed and way it is walking.

its getting frustrating for me, i just need a way out.

can i call you for a short discussion.

a way wherein i will have to spend much time in india and i can come back safely to uae.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 October 2014

Get her cure with a good doctor. After all she is your wife. See your kids future. Mother help is very much needed for your small kids. Do live together and try to understand women mentallity. 

498_final stage (Professional)     17 October 2014

Mr Ramachary,

These days even normal wives shows sign of madness, in his case she is a mad. Mr khan, do you have any evidence which could prove that she is suffering from some mental disorder and was treated time to time.

Those evidences are most important for you. If you can prove beyond resonable doubt that your wife has gone crazy and you are not responsible for it (Since u r in UAE) and your parents dont live with her.

Then you can certainly get divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register