LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayali (executive)     21 April 2010

Mutula consent withdrawn by husband

I am 26 years old. I have been married in Dec 2007. My husband & I have never been in good relation. He has mentally tortured me & never took responsibility. Now, when he agreed to go for mutual divorce in Octv 2009 7 the final decree was on 20th April 2010 he withdrawn his consent & also he took anticipary bail on 17/04/2010. I have also complaint to police in Nov 2009, when he has put false allegations against me in my office via emails, he begged for forgiveness as his parents used to demand for money since marriage. Also then I never went to police as he said will give me divorce peacefully. Now when I want divorce without any allimony, after paying court fees for mutual divorce he cheated me this manner. He doesnt have house of his own in Mumbai & false allegates that he gave me money Rs. 250000 as i bought some illegal house, he has a DD issued for the same & which I verbally agreed for which he doesnt proof. I just dont know this false story where he created. I dont know I am just harrased & feel alone I dont have money to hire lawyer nor I can conscentrate on my living as feel i should commit suicide for this cheating. Please help me anyone can suggest to get divorce as police also doesnt entertain me as scared now to file any case against him since he has Anticipary bail.

Learning

6 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     21 April 2010

Dear Sayali Please don’t be upset. Don’t take wrong step (suicide). Life is to live only and not to die. Under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act of 1950, the parties can seek divorce by mutual consent by filing a petition before the court. After the filing of the petition and recording, any of the spouse is fully entitled to withdraw the mutual consent. In such an eventuality no divorce decree can granted by the court. The consent can be withdrawn during this period of 6 months. The court is bound under such circumstances not to grant a decree of divorce. There is no option available to the other party to such circumstances except to file a normal petition for divorce under the provisions of the Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1950. In such a situation divorce can be granted only on certain specified grounds as mentioned in the said provision. These grounds include cruelty; desertion etc etc. I suggest you to immediately file a petition for maintenance before the family court under 125 Cr.PC. This will help you get some financial relief. As your husband has withdrawn the mutual consent you are entitled to file a normal petition for divorce as stated above on the ground of cruelty or whichever applicable. The above two cases (maintenance and divorce) are necessarily to be filed by you immediately to protect your interests. As you say that you are unable to pay lawyer fees you may approach the legal services authority of your district or city and seek free legal assistance. The government will provide you free legal assistance (lawyers) for conducting your case. Good Luck.

Sayali (executive)     22 April 2010

Thank you sir, but can I also seek divorce along with maintaince under section 125 Cr.PC. Since he refuses that he has ever harassed or misbehaved me. I have emails & SMS. What judgement is likely to happen as he cannot force me to remain married without physically staying with him as he is not giving me divorce. How should I get a way out. He has done cruelity by means of emails & harrased me by sending emails to my office allegations against me without proof.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     22 April 2010

Dear Sayali

Though your husband may refuse that he has not harassed you, you have stronger proof of SMS and emails clearly showing that he has harassed you and sending emails to office address clearly amounts to cruelty and surely you will get divorce easily. 

As suggested by me in my earlier post, immediately file a maintenance petition and a divorce petition on the ground of crulety and let both these cases be filed and run simultaneously and you will get definitely a good relief.  You can seek both divorce and maintenance under 125Crpc together. 

Sayali (executive)     22 April 2010

I am employed but I stay with my mother who is retired and ailing health.He has already taken anticipary bail from court and now he sending emails to my office authority as I am in service industry. Its so much of mental torture for me. As he says that I have mentally tortured him since marriage. All his false allegations are just to torture me and should loose my job. Do I still have a right to claim alimony as my salary is not enough for my living

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     22 April 2010

Even if you are employed and earning salary you are still eligible to claim maintenance on the ground that the present salary is not enough for your livelihood.

As already stated by me you have a good ground for divorce as your husband has sent  you emails to your office and has made allegations. It comes under the ground of cruelty to claim divorce.  You can get divorce. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More