Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Mohile   26 July 2024

Original agreement - photo copy of one page

Hello,

The original sale agreement of my current flat has one page missing and a Xerox copy of that page instead of original. I had received it from the stamp office itself in this manner, property was purchased around 30 years ago. I wish to obtain the certified copy, have read threads on this forum about it. Can someone kindly help me to understand the process and how to apply for the certified copy? 

Thanks,

Priyanka

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2024

Is it a sale agreement or sale deed?

Are you purchasing the property on the basis of a sale agreement alone on the name of the vendor or is he having a registered title deed?

Why are you keen to buy a property which has defective title documents?

Even one page missing can cause problems if he had mortgaged the property to anyone.

Have you asked the reason for the missing document from the vendor and what was his reply?

You may better obtain a proper legal opinion from an experienced lawyer in the local  before venturing into the purchase of the property

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 July 2024

Your query is confusing.  Did you purchase the property 30 years ago? You can obtain a certified copy of the sale agreement from the Sub Registrar and verify it or show the same to a local advocate for further guidance.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 July 2024

The querist has chosen to not to answer the questions hence it appears that he is not very serious about the issue, let us ignore it for now

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 July 2024

How a 30 year old agreement to sell is still in vogue ??

Unbelievable statement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register