LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan (Technical lead)     17 August 2012

Property inhritance

Dear Law Gurus, My grandparents have two children - one is my mother and the other is her elder brother. Grandfather expired, grandma and others are alive. My grand parents mainly have two property - one is an agricultural land (which is gifted to my Grandma by her brother, it is on her name) and the other one is a house built by my granfather (I don not even know on whose name it was, but now it is on my uncle's name). My uncle fradulently took NOC signature from my mother and changed the house to his name. My grandma is in favour of my uncle (obviously). They are reluctant to share the property. I would like to know my rights/My mother's right on this property. Kindly help me.

Learning

1 Replies

Tripti Nagwekar (Owner)     30 August 2012

Dear Saravanan,

You will have to prove in the court of law that your uncle fradulently transferred the property in uncle's name.  If you fail to prove the fraud, your mother looses her right on house property. 

In case of land being inherited from maiden, your grandmother is the only owner of the land and still grandmother is in favour of your uncle, she would give the land to your uncle by will / testament.  Here also your mother looses her claim on the land.

Bad luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register