Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PS (Others)     01 March 2014

Refund of stamp duty registration through cancellation deed

Hello,

I had taken services from an esteemed law firm A in Pune regarding a property deal. But immediately after the registration was completed along with sale deed (me as a buyer), we executed the cancellation deed due to the inability of the owner to provide all property papers.

Certain documents were submitted by law firm A to the government office on my behalf requesting refund of stamp duty and registration charges in December 2012. Since then till today , I have got no proper/substantial updates over the progress of the money refund status even after repeated follow ups over email, calls with the law firm.

I would like to see advise on below queries :

1) What recourse do I have if it gets delayed even more.

2) How much time does government take to refund the stamp duty and registration money? and what is the process?

3) To whom is the refund cheque issued to?

4) What kind of referrence/tracking number I should be asking from the law firm to track updates myself ?

5) Can I file an RTI or got ot consumer court to know what is happening either from the law firm side or on goverment side.

Appreciate experts response here over this matter.

As of now I have the cancellation deed ( in original) and the snapshots of all the papers I signed as part of filing refund through the law firm.

Thanks & Regards,

Parul.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     01 March 2014

if you cancel a regd sale deed the amount paid on sale deed cannot be refunded.  you cancel the sale deed, it contents only stands.  but no refund will be paid.  if you loss on the part of the vendor, you may file case only after consulting a local lawyer.  this is a suggestion only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register