LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shahista Khan (HR)     03 June 2011

Relieving Letter

I left my organisation on 31st May 2011 after completing my 6 months probation period giving them 15 days notice period but now they are not giving my relieving letter because they don't wanted me to resign so what should i do??? Please Help... its urgent

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 June 2011

Terms of termination of employment and confirmation of service are described in the employment contract/appointment letter.

You may study your appointment letter and note what the notice period post probation period was.

Is it written in your appointment letter that after the period of 6 months your probation shall continue until your services are confirmed in writing and /or your probation period can be extended and did you receive any letter confirming your services?

Or is there any clause like after your probation period, you shall remain on training for........months, during which notice of resignation shall be for ….days/month?

You must have submitted company property and obtained a proper acknowledgment under original seal and signature. You must have received the acceptance of your resignation.

If your notice period mentioned is as 15 days during probation period and 1 month, after probation period, and if you have assumed in the absence of letter of confirmation of service you have tendered correct notice of 15 days, then you can prepare your own chart of payables/receivables and submit it to the company under proper acknowledgment, along with detail of all representations in chronological order and ask the company to adjust payables by you if any and settle your account and  supply you the F&F,  work experience/service certificate,form16,NOC/NDC,relieving letter, PF accumulation report, PF withdrawal/transfer forms etc say within 15days by registered post.

If you do not get any reply you can represent to the good offices of your appointing authority, MD, company secretary and ask them to intervene and pay you your dues and supply you the F&F,  work experience/service certificate,form16,NOC/NDC,relieving letter, PF accumulation report, PF withdrawal/transfer forms etc say within 15days by registered post.

Company has to supply you the service certificate and may sit on relieving letter. Service certificate along with receipt of company property, NOC/NDC should be sufficient for your future ventures.

If you do not get any reply you can lodge a complaint with the local office of labor commissioner. This should solve your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register