LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananga Barman (DOCTOR)     27 April 2011

SBI Account fraud

sir, i have lost my SBI ATM/debit card last year november and i blocked it in the SBI bank myself. then i have account balance of 2000/- only but yesterday i went to bank and see that my account is set hold at rs. 50000/- loan, i was shocked. the bank official said i did withdraw money more than my balance. now what should i do because i have not withdraw any money from the bank since last year.

Learning

3 Replies

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     27 April 2011

Send a letter by Registered Post+ AD to the bank stating that the loss of card was intimated to the bank on ........ and hence the transaction under the card was blocked one year back.  Subsequently, if any body had misused the card and if the bank allowed withdrawal of money for that dues you are not liable.  Also request the bank to reverse all such unauthorised debits immediately under intimation to you. [ Please make sure that you are having sufficient evidence for intimating the bank when card was lost and the transactions were cuased to be blocked by the bank. Also obtain bank statement with present balance.] If response not received within 15 days, cause a lawyer notice to the bank, to initiate legal action.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2011

Learned Mr.Raju.O.F, has given his valuable advice. Please follow the advice.

ATM/Debit card allows withdrawl/usage-shopping etc.,  from a/c to the tune of  balance in a/c only.

How the  loss of card was intimated to the bank , by a letter, or on a printed format, and did you obtain the acknowledgment? Do you have the copy?

Do you have the details of the bank employee who received your complaint on loss of ATM/Debit card?

Such complaints are immediately punched in the system by the bank employee and card is hot listed,and

the intimation is issued to the customer.

You may obtain copy of the bank policy.

Moreover along with ATM/DEBIt card the user's guide is issued to the customer.Do you have the copy?

If you do not have obtain the copy from bank or from bank website.Use your rapport and obatin the inputs from some experienced bank employee and get it checked from your bank a/c card was hotlisted or not.

If you can obtain a printout, of the enteries of your bank a/c do that.

Once you have confirmed, you can raise queries thru RTI also.

Moreover in case of exceeding your limits or in case of imposition of loan/debt bank has to issue notice to the customer, and it seems you have not received any intimation.Did you change your address or phone numbers from what was in bank records?

In case of lapses bank/bank employees do not admit their fault and instead leave it to the customer to face the situation. Thease are unfair/illegal practices.

Show all of your records to your lawyer/law firm and proceed with expert advice, and collect all the informations/records using your resources.

Ananga Barman (DOCTOR)     28 April 2011

thnx for ur valuable suggestions now i m looking at the matter n i m started my plan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register