Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Second wife rights

Page no : 2

Ravi kumar valluru   18 August 2017

I have not lied to her , she too knows This is not about property or shares. This is about a relation and respect of a girl in society. Becoz i am unable to digest my mistake. Today i can see practically what kind of problems she is facing in society. Pls tell me clearly that whether she can use my name as husband or not.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2017

Probably you do not want to respond to:'What is your line of business/profession; say if service; then is it govt/private?'

You and 2nd lady also  should not post any false information anwhere to anyone.

You should take care of your physical and financial health to support two families. 

I am an private employee Its not a limited company, ordinary company.

As second wife is preparing for govt jobs In documentation can she use my name as husband in spouse column

She is not 'Wife'............as law does not accord her status of Wife.

Rest is your and her personal prerogatives..............

Go thru the Service Rules, Conduct and Discipline Rules of the said; Govt Establishment.............

You may also Go thru the Service Rules, Conduct and Discipline Rules of the said private establishment............

Thereafter; You should be clear. 

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     19 August 2017

Shri Kumar Doab has already clarified that she is NOT your wife legally. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 August 2017

Thanks for agreeing agai in this thread Mr. GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI. 

Generically Speaking/For Generic Reference;

The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964

21. RESTRICTION REGARDING MARRIAGE:

(1) No Government servant shall enter into, or contract, a marriage with a person having a spouse living; and

(2) No Government servant having a spouse living, shall enter into, or contract, a marriage with any person:

Provided that the Central Government may permit a Government servant to enter into, or contract, any such marriage as is referred to in clause (1) or clause (2), if it is satisfied that -

(a) such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such Government servant and the other party to the marriage; and

(b) there are other grounds for so doing.

(3) A Government servant who has married or marries a person other than of Indian nationality shall forthwith intimate the fact to the Government.

Government of India Decisions »

https://www.referencer.in/CS_Regulations/CCS(Conduct)Rules1964/Rule_21.aspx

You have posted more than once in this thread that you care for yourself, your legally wedded wife (1st Lady as in thread) and 2nd lady and children from 1st subsisting legal marriage and 2nd void/voidable/illegal marriage..........

Thus you do not want to let any harm of any kind to happen with both ladies and your children........

You, and anyone may not commit any transgression that may trouble later and may not post anything that is false and misconduct..........

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ravi kumar valluru
I have married in a temple , i know it is a void marriage
Atleast Can she use my name as husband in any applications or documents.

If you have married, may be your illegal wife, but by all means she is your wife and can use your name as a husband. Actor Dharmendra married Hema malini as of 2nd wife while his first wife was alive. But nothing happened with him, as his first wife did not have any objection to that marriage. However, So, it is up to your 1st wife whether she has any objection or not. Certain peculiarities may arise for some time, but still you cannot deny the 2nd wife her rights, having married with her.

Of course, due to illegal marriage, you can be made liable to be punished with imprisonment up to maximum of 7 years, provided you have not married her fraudulently or forcefully. for which punishment is stringent. But even your second wife gets every right as a wife until the marriage is annulled as a void marriage on the complaint of anyone.

Originally posted by : Ravi kumar valluru
I have married a girl 9 years back, within a year i had got relation with other girl. Second girl got pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl in 2011. My wife gave birth to a baby boy in 2014. Second girl knows about the wife from the begining. But my wife came to about that girl after her delivery. Lots of issues and quarrels happend. Even though as on date i am staying with both of them in different places. I mean to say that i am in relation with both of them.
Problem is that second girl wants some rights and respect in society. She doeznt wants any property or any shares.
As becoz she is living with a baby girl in society, everybody in society looks them like keep. That too in a cheap manner.
So is there any chances of getting legal entity to our relationship. We both came to know our mistakes what we have done.
Due to my wrong decision our daughter is facing problems in the society and even my second wife facing lot of problems in the society by living lonely.
Mistake is mine . I have spoiled their lives.
Can our judicial system give them some rights where they can live boldy with respect.
I hope you have understood my problem
Pls suggest.

The marriage is void.

You knew it.

2nd lady knew it.

There is NO husband. There is NO wife.

She is unmarried.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI
Shri Kumar Doab has already clarified that she is NOT your wife legally. 

Dear Shri Gandhi Mohan Bharti,

If someone on hit & trial basis by not going through all the provisions of the HMA has said that she is not his wife, even though solemnised the marriage, that does not mean that his clarification has become the law of the land and the lady can be deprived of her rights as a wife of the husband. Marriage has to be declared by a decree of nullity that too after long process of the going through trial for the proposed offence, not by anyone or everyone. Unless that marriage is decried as null & void by the court, she has every right of a wife to be enjoyed. 

It is good to be a fan of some expert but unless you are aware about the relative law, you cannot certify him to be always correct. It is the court, who has to decide about the validity or invalidity of marriage. Till the judgment nobody can debar them from the status of husband and wife, if solemnized marriage. There is no scope of non-judicial declarations to induce bitterness in the relations of husband and wife.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

Generically Speaking/For Generic Reference;

The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964

21. RESTRICTION REGARDING MARRIAGE:

(1) No Government servant shall enter into, or contract, a marriage with a person having a spouse living; and

(2) No Government servant having a spouse living, shall enter into, or contract, a marriage with any person:

Provided that the Central Government may permit a Government servant to enter into, or contract, any such marriage as is referred to in clause (1) or clause (2), if it is satisfied that -

(a) such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such Government servant and the other party to the marriage; and

(b) there are other grounds for so doing.

(3) A Government servant who has married or marries a person other than of Indian nationality shall forthwith intimate the fact to the Government.

Government of India Decisions »

(1)
Procedure for dealing with requests from Government servants for permission to remarry while first wife is still living. [MHA OM No. 219/51-Ests. Dated 16.02.1955] »

(2)
Inclusion of a provision in all rules of recruitment to the effect that the restrictions against bigamy will apply to female Government servants also [MHA OM No. 25/5/55-Ests., dated 31.05.1956] »

(3)
Form of declaration to be obtained from new entrants regarding their having one or more than one wife. [MHA OM No. 25/52/57-Ests. (A), dated 02.01.1958] »

https://www.referencer.in/CS_Regulations/CCS(Conduct)Rules1964/Rule_21.aspx

IT=@Kumar Doab,

The author is not a central government employee, as he has already clarified in one of his post. So, the above post has no relevance in his case.

Check with the establishment where 2nd lady wants to apply.

She may apply as single mother.

Later in case if events permit e.g; death of 1st wife, separation from 1st wife, at appropriate time yuo can mary 2nd lady.

There is NO age bar for marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register