Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRIRANGAM (student)     12 November 2010

STAMP DUTY

Dear LIC Members,

In the year 2008 of November I have paid a stamp duty of 2,50,000 rupees but the registration was not done due to lack of other party’s interest, and after a delay of  2 years I approached Registrar office to know whether I can get the refund of what I paid, hence I was told by the concerned officer that any stamp duty which was paid could only be claimed within 6 months from the date of payment of stamp duty, so in this regard I would like to know whether there is any other way to get my stamp duty back or to lose hopes in this matter.

Learning

4 Replies

ghansham das (self employed engineer)     12 November 2010

Dear All Experts,

Pls guide me too.

I had paid stamp duty in Amnesty scheme launched in 2009,at Maharshtra,

which more then Normal demand made,the diff is almost  Rs.35,000 . in excess,

[ prepare to pay under T- cash ?]

When there had ben rush I was told to pay and claim later, but it has also more then one year now.?

Will I get the refunds, or not.?

Why such rules are not amended till date?

What is the law miinister/ ministry is meant for and  what are they doing.?

The money paid is to be definitely be refunded, if chaged extra is a matter of accounts, in not registration is made due to any reason what so ever why can't be refunded,?

Also now after the hi court passed order double transfer  not permitted, hence the mhada as duty state collector will be bound to refunds the collection made ?   or not,?

why there should be long process?

Let the club of lawer must act in fair ways and mesans. in the larger scale of initerst to public.

pls respond. my id  gdgupta10@rediffmail.com

A V Vishal (Advocate)     12 November 2010

The registrar is right and there is no other way to claim refund of the 2.50 lakh paid by you.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 November 2010

REgistar is right.

(Guest)

fter a delay of  2 years ,Registrar denied to refund the stamp duty .@SRIRANGAM you delay to claim your rupees if you are alert then this huge amount did not lost .

@adv. rajeev ( rajoo )

ok, Here i want to know the law provision ,In which section it said ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register