LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan Singh (SE)     16 September 2011

Wife claiming false maintenance

We did marriage in jan 2010 in Arya samaj. After 4 months all got over.

Me and my cruel wife is leaving seperately since she she had already filed 498a, DV etc on me.

Case is going on in Ghaziabad court, but now she has filed maintence case from delhi court .

Notice is sent on my hometown address where I am not living , I am leaving in Noida and wife dont know my local address. Wife is also capable of doing job since before marriage she was a teacher in good school.

Now please suggest how to avoid this false summons to me since I am not living on my hbomeown and it is recieved by mother. She has falsely claimed that I am earning 1 lakhs per month and she needed 20000 pm on that notice it is written.

In reality I loosed my job since she had booked me for jail with 498a, now days I am teacher in Aptech insitute and earning 8500 PM, so please suggest how to save my self in these frauds.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Chetan,

Don't commint mistake of not replying to maintenance application.

You should go and file your response.

Just mere saying that you are earning so and so is not enough - she will have to prove it.

If  income you have stated above is correct there is not much she can get from you.  But you should not commit the mistake of not filling response - if you don't file a response court will assume that you don't have any objection to the maintenance demand.

If  you need any help in the above. Please PM me.

(Guest)

gone for a toss... maintenance she will get...

something... chillar... give her... compromise... enjoy her and give her... our laws cannot do much with a prostitute or adultery... and lawyer community is just making a living... like anyother... let good sense prevail upon you... if you are adamant... you pay your livelihood not to wife but to lawyer...

Chetan Singh (SE)     16 September 2011

Thanks Onlytruth. I am confused with Srinivas

So, I need to go to the Delhi court where the summons came. So need to show from me that our 498a case is going on , from ghaziabad court ans she is not attending , court has ordered NBW for the same.

What should be my response from this maintence summon?what evidenses need to pay from me, Salary slip?

(Guest)

Chetan,

Submit a written response - a response  giving point wise reply. where ever a wrong claim is made  say it wrong - but  don't go over board in response.

For example if lets say she has claimed that  you earn Rs 40 thousand per month. There could be two responses to that

One (1) that you deny the claim.

Two (2) that you are only earning Rs 8 thousand.

I would prefer first response as you are not disclosing anything and your wife has to prove her claim. In second claim you are being bound by your statement.

Not everytime you need to give response as point 1 above  when facts are so overwhelming and so benifical to you  - you go like responding in point 2.  But you should have solid proofs to prove a response like 2 above and the point should not go against you in any circumstances.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register