LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Auction notice

Learned experts, my father - Rohit, lives in Delhi and his brother- Rajeev, lives in Australia for past 18 years. We used to give the money to Rajeev to pay the house tax. But for four consecutive years i.e. from 1990 to 1994, he payed no house tax and then left for Australia, Rajeev wanted to get the whole property sold out and get his share. Eventually we received an auction notice for our property. My father- rohit payed all the arrears and got the auction cancelled. Now in 2012 Rajeev is again pushing to sell the property where as my father is saying that he(Rohit) got the property out of auction after paying the arrears and he should get the upper hand. My father doesnt want to sell the property please advice. this property is an ancestral JF property.

Learning

1 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     03 October 2012

Paying of house tax doesnt give any ownership rights that is the due to government that needs to be paid to prevent coercive action. In this case if the ownership of the property is equal between the brothers mere payment of house tax dont confer any ownership rights but the property can be sold if both agree as otherwise sale would not be possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register