LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (salesman)     29 May 2013

Can husband get maintenance under any law

Can husband claim maintenance under any law as wife is earning 20 times more than him & having properties etc, and having luxurious life

Learning

12 Replies

(Guest)
You should be jobless, you prove that she is earning via salary slip etc claim maintenance and she is bound to pay maintenance to you.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 May 2013

Upholding a lower court’s order to the wife to pay maintenance to her husband under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code, the Delhi High Court on March 30 ordered to an economically well-off woman to pay Rs 20,000 as monthly maintenance to her 55-year-old husband.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     29 May 2013

also HMA sec. 24 & 25.

Anil (salesman)     29 May 2013

THANKS TO EVERYONE

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 May 2013

Will you please post the judgment of the Delhi HC Rama Chary ji , where in you say that the husband is granted maintainance u/s. 125 Crpc from the wife?

(Guest)

Please find the attachment,containing the decision which Ld. Member/expert Adv. Archana is asking for and which was referenced by Ld. Member/Expert Rama.

Thanks,

Regards,

Attached File : 782150120 maintenance husband.pdf downloaded: 205 times
1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     29 May 2013

yes true dehli HC seems more un-biased.

@ newS_know,

I went thru the judgment uploaded by you i.e Rani Sethi vs. Sunil Sethi;  the said judgment is in respect of a husband claiming maintainance u/s. 24 of the hindu marriage act and not u/s. 125 Crpc. The provision of S. 24 HMA is clear within itself and its undisputed that a husband can claim maintainance from his wife.

(Guest)

@Adv. Archana,

I haven't expressed any opinion on the querist's question.I just uploaded the judgement as referred by Mr. Rama and as demanded by you in reference to context.If you need to discuss,let me know.

Thanks,

Regards,

I haven't made any comments about ur expression of any opinion. I just said that its not a judgment u/s. 125 crpc as stated by Mr Rama Chary or perhaps he might have wrongly mentioned it to be a judgment u/s.125 crpc instead of s. 24 hma by mistake, bcoz a  husband cannot claim u/s. 125 crpc is otherwise a settled position of law.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Adv Archana

I haven't made any comments about ur expression of any opinion. I just said that its not a judgment u/s. 125 crpc as stated by Mr Rama Chary or perhaps he might have wrongly mentioned it to be a judgment u/s.125 crpc instead of s. 24 hma by mistake, bcoz a  husband cannot claim u/s. 125 crpc is otherwise a settled position of law.

1.your opinion about Mr. Rama may be correct.

2.Your opnion about crpc 125 is absolutely correct and I am in full agreement. CRPC 125 is only for wives,parents,and children. :-)

Thank you,

Anil (salesman)     30 May 2013

Thanks to eveyone who helped me i think lawyers club is the best place to put our queries and get satisfied

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register