LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tushar (Dy Manager)     18 December 2012

Cancel of property sale agreement

I have made an registered agreement for sale of land three years back. Still there is my name on property card. Also taken partial amount. but now I don't want to sell the land & ready to refund all money that was taken. Is it possible to retain my property with me?

This property was self acquired by my father. I have got this property in inheritance after my fathers death.

Can my son & daughter claim their part & put stay on the sale agreement?

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     19 December 2012

Sir,

[1] In reply to :

"I have made an registered agreement for sale of land three years back. Still there is my name on property card. Also taken partial amount. but now I don't want to sell the land & ready to refund all money that was taken. Is it possible to retain my property with me?"

It depends solely on the terms and conditions of the sale agreement and whether it is registered?

[2] In reply to :

"This property was self acquired by my father. I have got this property in inheritance after my fathers death. Can my son & daughter claim their part & put stay on the sale agreement?"

It depends on whether your father left a Will and you inherited on the strength of the probate of the Will, in which case nobody can claim any right. Otherwise your mother, and your siblings have equal rights in the property.

Regards,

Kishor Mehta

tushar (Dy Manager)     19 December 2012

Dear Kishorji,

Thanks for your reply.

1) The agreement is registered.

2) This is part of property which i got as per my fathers will. No one else have right on this property.

Please advice.

Thanks again.

Tushar

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 December 2012

Dear Mr. Tushar,

You will get absolute right to the property,as per the terms of the Will,  only after you get the Will of your father probated.

Regards,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register