Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim498A (Resource Manager)     15 November 2012

Child visitation

Dear Experts,

I filed divorce petition on crueality ground.  What is the relavent section in HMA to file child visitation.  My advocate filed petition u/s 151 CPC.  Other party saying it is not relavant as there is specific provision in HMA.  Can you please help me

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 November 2012

1. S, 151 CPC has wide inherent powers of the Court in absence of correct Section applied to dispose off relevant matter. .
2. Above being material, the particular Section under
HMA for child custody is filed under S. 26 HMA and during which Application for interim visitation is filed is under S. 151 CPC citing pending main application. 

Hon'ble SC had once said that in the absence of correct provision of Law used by an applicant if he moves ld. Court then his matter should not be struck off in mere technicalities of Sections of Code / Act, as then you are not giving "justice" to a needy person at all!

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     15 November 2012

I completely endorse Ld.TAJOBS on this. The Party is obliged to state facts and ask for legitimate relief, it is for the court to apply the right provision of law. It is a fundamental rule of law which finds sanction in Ord. 6 of the CPC that pleadings (which includes your present application) is to state the facts and not the LAW/nor evidence. 

Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog : *www.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com, www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

Stay Connected on Facebook ! *www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

Law for Layman (Laws of India Initiative) - *https://www.thelawsofindia.blogspot.in

Victim498A (Resource Manager)     15 November 2012

when my divorce petition is pending, can I file child visitation petition u/s 151 cpc? or do I need to file petition for u/s 26 of HMA and later file petition for visitation u/s 151 cpc.  I dont want custody of children, need only visitation.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     18 November 2012

Other party may SAY ANYTHING THAT SERVE HER PURPOSE , ""it is not relavant as there is specific provision in HMA""

COURT CAN DECIDE IT  TO MEET END OF JUSTICE. 

i AGREE WIH VIEWS OF sHRI TAJOBS & ADV BHARAT CHUGH.

If u r  paying maintenance for child, the Answer is YES. 

Otherwise u need to apply MA separate Petition for access of child.

Most probably your wife will file  Application pendentelite Legal exp & mtn, u/s 24 & at that time u can demand acess in same petition. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register