Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ziauddin saiyad (student)     20 December 2012

Got my surname wrong in certificates

Dear sir,

i got my surname wrong in my ssc and all the other certificates are with my wrong surname and currently iam i9n final year of ENGG. if my surname is X----X its X--X in my certifiactes but in my birth certificate it is correct and now i want my passport with correct surname since my parents are having a Foreign country Nationality hence to get Nationality i need my surname  correct  plz guide me what to do

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     21 December 2012

you need to apply in the state gazzate where you can change your worng surname with the correct surname.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Kumar. K.K. (legal consultant)     22 December 2012

Nothing to worry dear Ziauddin Saiyad,

As rightly stated by my learned friend Mr. Rohit, besides applying to government Gazette for change of the right surname, the same have to be published in two daily news magazines one in local language  and another in an english language.  Also you have to submit an affidavit as per the proforma in "Annexure-E" of Forms & Affidavits to apply Indian Passport while applying for the passport.

K.K. KUMAR, B.A., B.L.,

ADVOCATE & NOTARY

MADURAI, TAMILNADU 

Attached File : 604594054 copy of passport - affidavit for change of name.doc downloaded: 157 times

ziauddin saiyad (student)     05 January 2013

thank you very much sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register