LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mithrandhir   01 September 2022

How to find current property ownership?

My Father has two properties, a residential 1BHK flat (we reside in) and a commercial shop in Navi Mumbai (Koparkhairane area). In case of the residential flat, my Father recently transferred 50% shares of the flat ownership to my brother (with registration and stamp duty) and kept 50% shares in his own name. Here my Father did not bother informing or consulting with me on his decision until it was done. Now further here I suspect that in case of the commercial shop property, he may have transferred 100% ownership to my brother. My question, is there any way for me to independently verify the current ownership of the shop property in Navi Mumbai, in case it has been changed/transferred etc?

Someone suggested me that I could approach the Co-op Society in the building the shop is located and check their I-register, J-register, Nominee-register. I tried this, travelled there and spoke individually with the three managing committee members of the Society. But they refused to cooperate with me and turned me away. Any advise how else I could find current ownership detail of the shop property with proof?

I have with me only one other document related to the shop property, "Malmatta Kar (Property Tax) duplicate bill", with details of Lekhi Kramank (Property Code), Malmatta Kramank (Property Number) etc. I had downloaded this document once for my Father from the NMMC (gov in) website (Navi Mumbai Mahanagar Palika).

Learning

1 Replies

Sidhhi   02 September 2022

Apply under RTI act to the deputy registrar of the co-op society for the information. You can find the format online. Do affix 10/- stamp fee. You can buy them from the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register