LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhanya (Analyst)     24 June 2012

Is there a legal procedure to retrieve photographs/mails?

Is there a legal procudure to recover photographs / mails and other possessions from an ex boyfriend? and to get a legal document restraining all communication? 

Also, is there a way to file for defamation for having dumped before marriage?

My relationship with my ex got soured for various reasons and I feel cheated as he is the one who began this relationship and now wants to dump me. While I wanted him to make some changes, he wouldn't and asked me to leave if I can't live with it. I feel cheated that he got me into this relationship I kept saying I don't want and I am not sure since my parents would not agree. But after they agreed, he's showing his true colors and saying I can leave if I want to. But he would still want to marry me but he s not going to do anything about our problems. I wish he had never told me he liked me and made me speak to my whole family and friends and now its like public insult since we parted away. I wish he had never started this relationship. His parents say I was consenting party so its not their son who began the relationship. Even I did. So I also share all the blame for the break up apparently. I find it unfair that not only has he ruined my life, they also want to blame me for it.

Is there anything I can do legally to charge them with defamation and betrayal?And any legal procedure for recovering my pictures and mails from him and his family? 

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     24 June 2012

Dear Querist,

Being your partner - he was and is under an obligation to maintain privacy of records of chats/messages/photographs. If he is threatening to diclose the same. You can get a stay from the court - whereby the court would order him to refrain from making public any private information. You can also file criminal cases for criminal intimdiation and extortion against him. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register