Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grisham (Analyst)     12 December 2012

Land dispute

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the land sale and dispute. Our's is a large family, wherein my father's grandfather(great grandfather) had left a land on the outskirts. My father is the eldest of the all the four families and the land in question belongs to my grandfather and to be divided equally along with his 3 brothers. Total land is 2 acres 40 cents. In, 2006 my father's brother  who had a mortgage of his own property, was in need of money. But, he somehow played a wicked role and convinced the other 2 families(father and sons), except one to sign the sale. My father never wanted to sign the agreement. But my father had borrowed a petty 5K from the local goon who's a friend of my father's brother. So, my father's brother devised a plan to threaten my father for the money. At that time he had a heart attack only a few months back. We live in a decent locality and the goon came and abused my father in the open street and threatened of dire consequences. My father didn't tell about this threatening and nor he informed me that it was this little amount he owes him. On the day of registration, my father's brother along with other cousins who are a ful time drinkers came along and threatened him to sign the docuemnt. Another brother told that they will not leave way for his land, since it's a small space of 15 cents(2acres 40 cents/4,60 cents/4). I was not aware of the this incident. And the other brother along with cousins, had sold it for 26 lakhs while he told the rate was 16 lakhs and shared the money with them. my father got 1 lkh has his share. But now, the same brother is gone to unfathomable levels to bring disgrace and shame on my father. Now i want to go after him and bring him to his knees. Is there any way we grandchildren can get this land legally back, my father's share of 15 cents and if so what's the procedure and is it leggaly feasible now after 6 years? Do i have to shell out only 1 lakh which was paid to us on the time of sale or we have to pay more. The current market price of that land is 45 Lakhs. i want to make this guy repent for what he has done.

-Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

deeptinaik (student)     12 December 2012

My suggestion would b ur father can himself file a case. The supporting evidences wud be the medical bills , doctor's certificate etc. He will need to support the case by giving strong reasons why action was not taken earlier n that the agreement was signed under undue influence.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register