LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Help (Manager)     02 May 2012

Mhada property dispute

A Mhada chawl which was owned by my father (deceased) is currently in my name.  My father left no will behind. I live in that property.

About 10 years ago I got my brothers and sisters to sign on a stamp paper that they will not claim any share whatsoever to the said property, based on which Mhada transferred the ownership in my name. Also no compensation was paid out by me to my siblings for giving up their claim on the property. 

The sisters have now changed their mind and are asking for a share in the property and may resort to legal means,if needed.

Please advise if they stand a chance for a share in the property if this goes to the court.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Mujahid Khan (President)     11 May 2012

Dear friend you have not made it clear that, weather you are residing in that chawl ? name and nature of documet executed in your favour by the other leagal heirs however if you are residing there only and you have prepare all existing documents namely ration card, voter ID, passport. Pan card, over the premises no one could get any relief by the court, give me other details if you want to know more. 1- nature/name of document in your favour  2- weather whole chawl is under your administration, or it is a single residencial room ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register