LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

New**comer (New)     03 August 2013

Mutual consent divorce

I am into a unhappy marriage for last 17years. We have a 10-yr old daughter.My wife has earlier filed divorce twice also, but I have resisted her from divorcing for my daughter's future. But life is being intolerant with her as she is not at all into the marriage till date. Now I have found someone & already into a relation (physical also) with her. My wife knows about her & me & my wife had filed for Mutual Divorce in March this year.The date is pending on this November.Now suddenly she is determined not to divorce me.

1. What should I do to get the divorce? If she refuses to divorce in court, can I get it done on exparte divorce basis?

2. How could I marry the girl I'm into a relation with?

3. Can we get married outside India even if my wife doesn't divorce me?
  4. What cases can my wife file against us I go for a live-in relationship with my girlfriend?

Please do help.

Learning

2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 August 2013

Dear Querist

my opinion  on your query is mention below

1. What should I do to get the divorce? If she refuses to divorce in court, can I get it done on exparte divorce basis?opinon: no thre is no procedure for exparty divorce in MCD proceeding. you have to file a contested divorce

2. How could I marry the girl I'm into a relation with? opinion: withou divorce you can not get marry with her if you do you can be prosecuted u/s 494 of IPC.

3. Can we get married outside India even if my wife doesn't divorce me? Opinion: same as above
  4. What cases can my wife file against us I go for a live-in relationship with my girlfriend?  Opinion: 498A, 125 of crpc, section 12 u/s dv act, child custody if any, divorce case.

Feel Free to Call

New**comer (New)     03 August 2013

Now what can I do to stay with my girlfriend safely?

Can she drag my GF's family into this?

The hearing is due on this November, before that can I file contested divorce?How long would a contested divorce take to complete?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register