LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NRI man wanting to get out of marriage. What are my options?

Page no : 4

Advocate Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     18 February 2018

Sir, 

If you apprehend being arrested on your arrival, I advice you to take anticipatory bail .... 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandna.legal/

Jai   18 February 2018

Should I directly ask her what her thoughts are regarding a mutual divorce? I don't think she wants a divorce, she just wants me to live in her lifestyle.

Jai   18 February 2018

Originally posted by : Kapil Chandna
Sir, 

If you apprehend being arrested on your arrival, I advice you to take anticipatory bail .... 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandna.legal/

Can I take anticipatory bail even before my arrival?

test123   18 February 2018

your post shows you are an Honet A-Hole...

knowling she is not attractive to your little peace of sh*t Di(k . you told her all this and you expecting her not to change her mood ?

if some hot girl tells you " Jai you are peace of sh*t, son of BIT(H " your little sleepy 6 0(lack couldnt wake up on time . and fall back before alarm..

how would you feeel you peace of sh*t...

you just ruined a girl life just coz she is not good looking.

were you blind >?

guys like you deserve 498a and other cases 

1 Like

Jai   18 February 2018

Originally posted by : test123
your post shows you are an Honet A-Hole...

knowling she is not attractive to your little peace of sh*t Di(k . you told her all this and you expecting her not to change her mood ?

if some hot girl tells you " Jai you are peace of sh*t, son of BIT(H " your little sleepy 6 0(lack couldnt wake up on time . and fall back before alarm..

how would you feeel you peace of sh*t...

you just ruined a girl life just coz she is not good looking.

were you blind >?

guys like you deserve 498a and other cases 

You know nothing about the relationship and how it worked yet you already have given me the choicest abuses. Maybe you don't know how arranged marriages work. I have no words.

I pray to God to put you or your loved ones in a similar situation and someone spout similar abuses to you. May you and your family be accused of 498A. 

test123   18 February 2018

Mera bacha.....chuki chuki... Majority of marriage done on Indians are arranged...... Not every person on this planet is Lucky.... You had a choice in the beginning and knew she is not attractive to you... You could a opt... Did you parents no forced or emotionally black mailed you ? If you are weak person then going thru divorce is not an option for you... Divorce is very ugly and you & your family would be insulted...

Jai   18 February 2018

Mera bacha.....chuki chuki...
Majority of marriage done on Indians are arranged......
Not every person on this planet is Lucky....
You had a choice in the beginning and knew she is not attractive to you... You could a opt...
Did you parents no forced or emotionally black mailed you ?

If you are weak person then going thru divorce is not an option for you...

Divorce is very ugly and you & your family would be insulted...

Kyu bhagwaan ka naam liya maine to dar gaye kya? Very good, GOD knows the truth and the truth shall prevail! And all those people who abuse me like you're will be punished.

test123   19 February 2018

You funny Jai... You have no ideas what you about to face.... I should be punished for your wrong doing... ? Just because she is not attractive to you..you want to divorce her... Divorce will stretch minimum of 5 years.. plus other cases. Calculate your age then minuses your age

test123   19 February 2018

Bhagwaan kare Tere saat kuch galat na ho.. Tuzhe 7 jaanam jaanam yeh hi mile ishi rup mea ..

Jai   19 February 2018

Bhagwaan kare Tere saat kuch galat na ho..
Tuzhe 7 jaanam jaanam yeh hi mile ishi rup mea

Nahi bhagwaan kare ki aapko aur aapke mata pita ji ko mile ye saat janam ke liye, kyunki aap inko bina jaane inke pati ko gaaliyan de rahe hai sirf isliye ke inke pati ne inko shaadi ke pehle sach bola tha. Itna prem to dekhne ko kabhi milta nahi. Isko kehte hai sachha prem.

Jai   19 February 2018

You funny Jai...
You have no ideas what you about to face....

I should be punished for your wrong doing... ?
Just because she is not attractive to you..you want to divorce her...
Divorce will stretch minimum of 5 years.. plus other cases. Calculate your age then minuses your age

Yes, you should be punished because you're abusing me without knowing any of the facts of the marriage or the relationship.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     19 February 2018

Originally posted by : Jai
Hello, I have been arranged married for the last ~9 months. We didn't take any dowry/money/goods from their family. I wasn't very attracted to the girl but I still went ahead hoping that the attraction will develop over time.   

I told this to her multiple times before marriage and it seemed like she was ok with it since she never raised an issue with it before marriage. However, the chemistry never developed and the marriage was never consummated. I am not sure if this alone or this in combination with other factors caused her to become increasingly angry and depressed. She would fight with me as soon as I returned from office over trivial matters.   

Except whenever required we were not talking to each other over the last 4 months of the relationship and usually whenever we did it used to result in fights. After the last fight she sent a message to my parents asking them to call her back.   

As soon as they got her the tickets, a couple of days before her departure she wrote an email to them alleging mental and emotional torture, humiliating racist behavior, lying to her, following instructions of my mother, non-consummation of marriage, not wanting to spend money on her, inhumane and uncivilized behavior etc. As she reached India she deleted her message in which she asked my parents to call her back. Now she is back at her parents place and keeps pestering my old parents to call me back to India. She tried to initiate contact with me too yesterday. 

At this point I am scared to come back to India because I think she might file a case against me and make me go to jail and make me lose my job. What are my options? Please advise.

In my opinion, you not contacting her or not speaking to her will make the situation much worse.  I think you need to come down to India and have a joint meeting between both the families to resolve the issue.  I also think it is too early to speak of a MCD at this stage.  You need to get over your superficialness as far as her appearance is concerned, for which marriage counselling is much advised, and give your marriage another genuine attempt.  In my opinion, her conduct is stemming from your rejection of her.  As of now, your case of Divorce is very weak. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register