LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip   07 October 2017

Regarding false case u/s 498a and its transfer

My brother’s wife filed section 498a and section 420 cases on my parents, her Husband(my brother) and on me at her native in Kanpur. I stay at Hyderabad with aged & ill parents. She stayed for 3 months after marriage. Her allegations are vague, false n at claimed to be took place at Hyderabad. The case is at present at District Court, Kanpur. Now we have to go to her native everytime n its difficult for my parents n me too take so many leaves. Can I transfer the cases to Hyderabad or it'll be wastage of time n money to try?

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     07 October 2017

You are required to prove your innocence in court. You can get the case transferred through Supreme Court.

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     08 October 2017

Pl refer to S.177 to 179 CrPC, if she claims that offence is continued than jurisdiction aspect is ok. So it all depends on what she has written in complaint, most likely it will be so worded to create Kanpur as jurisdiction place.

Pl refer to S.177 to 179 CrPC, if she claims that offence is continued than jurisdiction aspect is ok. So it all depends on what she has written in complaint, most likely it will be so worded to create Kanpur as jurisdiction place.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register