LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (salesman)     25 March 2013

498 against women is it possible?

One of my friend is in deep problem plz guide him as the case is  ----- they married nearly 10 years back.

Her wife left home to her parents without any reason.  He does't DRINK ALCHOL, TOBACCO OR CIGAREETES NOR HE HAVE ANY RELATION WITH OTHER FEMALE he is one of the loyal person i ever know he earns round abot 12000/ PER MONTH and manages his house pretty well as wife also earns something around 5 to 6 thousand  in her boutique which she runs from her parents house. they have one child age is  6 years 

when she left my friends house to her parents after so many people went to her house to call her back she and her parents tell that she will come only after appropriate time, in meanwhile my friend called her mother from all the way from mumbai to take care of his breakfast, lunch and dineer. after 6 months wife's sister came from outstation and came to my friends house and took all the house hold articles which are useful to them and took all the papers relating to his job and destroying many of the things which are of no use to them, 

Now my question is can we claim use of 498 against these women whether it is wife or her sister as GAS CONNECTION IS TOO IN MY FRIENDS NAME my friend and her mother was not able to cook the foods for two days in JAIPUR THEY WERE SHOCKED WITH THE BEHAVIOUR OF HER WIFE AND OTHERS 

PLZ GIVE ME SUGGESTION WHAT TO DO?

IT IS IMPORTNAT  AS FEMALES ARE USING LAWS AGAINST MEN AND AS NOT EVERYBODY IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO FIGHT AGAINST THESE TYPE OF WOMEN , PLZ GIVE US RIGHT DIRECTION AS WE CAN PROCEED 

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     25 March 2013

1. He along with his mother would have immediately called Police and sought help instead of being spectator to destruction then and there. Even today it is not late to file such complaint say for gas connection it is obvious he will be approaching authority either to file its missing report or theft or destruction so that he gets duplicate papers so we don’t see any great deal if he approaches police and files a complaint application against wife’s sister.
2. No S. 498a IPC your male friend cannot file.
3. He has option if he wants her / child is to take recourse under RCR + GWA or S. 26 HMA.
4. Ask him to join LCI membership to understand his defence by going over past discussions in various family law related forums.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     25 March 2013

I have the feeling that this man's wife's sister is a thief / robber / dacoit under IPC.

www.mehnat.in

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 June 2013

498a is againsthusband and his family not vice versa.

However, dowry demand case under DP Act can be filed against eitheer party demanding money  in consideration of marraige.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register