Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sohil Sanghvi (Manager)     27 October 2012

Car parking issue

Hi All,

I live in Co-operative Housing society. Our society is 56 years old. I am residing in my society for past 42 years.My house area is 500 sqft carpet area. There are in all 22 flats and 12 car owers (including me). I have baught new car in July'12. Immediately the society was informed and the necessary permission for car parking was sought from the secretary of your society. The secretary has permitted to park my car on the left side in the society compound.

So, I started parking my  car on left side of the building compond with a view to provide full co-operation to other members when thay take their car in & out of building compound. In all 6 cars were being parked on left hand side (including mine). 2 cars on the front side & 4 cars on the right hand side. However, members parking their car on left side started  harassing me on my car parking for being Inconvenienent  to them in such a manner that it was not bearable for me to park the car inside the society’s compound. Since then i am parking my car outside on the road.

Meanwhile AGM was conducted and in the AGM comittee member objected to Secretary's approval to allot car parking to me without taking consnet of Committee & citing reason of no space available. Also a new committee was formed in this AGM and simultaneously it was discussed & decided and minuted in this AGM. I quote the minutes of the meeting :

"There is no parking space available in the society compound. Shri Sudhir Sanghvi has requested for parking space for his Vehicle in the compound, Since there was no space available his request was kept in pending till the time the parking space is available.

Secretary to the earlier committee proposed to allot car parking on rotational basis as other members are citing reaons on no space available. However, All the members present in the meeting disagreed to her proposal.It was proposed that the parking have to be allotted on "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS". The proposal was accepted  in the ration of 11:3:1. Eleven members (all present car owners) voted in favor of the proposal, three members voted against this proposal and one member abstained herself from voting".

Is there a way out ?. What is the legal course of action left for me. Please guide.

Learning

1 Replies

Sohil Sanghvi (Manager)     29 October 2012

Dear All,

Is anyone there to guide me with legal course to take for car parking problem that i am facing in my society.

Regards

Sohil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register